Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fire 'stinguisher

I've been reading a lot of articles lately about cars burning to the ground. Mostly it seems to be exotic super-cars, Lamborghini, Ferrari and the like which run crazy high pressure fuel systems. But just the same it got me thinking, you know I did most of the wiring on this thing myself and you just never know what might happen. So instead of having to possibly suffer the humiliating fate of the car burning to the ground while I helplessly stand by and watch, I picked up a small vehicle fire extinguisher and mounted it under the dash.

While I was on the website ordering the fire extinguisher I also picked up a few other goodies - passenger mirror, another rear-view mirror, and 2 cobra posters. A nice addition to the garage :-D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well played sir! I have a fire stinguisher by my comp, because, well you know, I built that and I don't want it to burn up. I don't have any posters of computers though.

Is that stinguisher big enough to handle a high pressure fuel fire?

Chris said...

It's a 1 pound 'stinguisher. I'm not really sure how much spray that gives you, but no it wouldn't be good on a high pressure fuel fire. Luckily, my system isn't terribly high pressure.

BrandonDrums said...

Well, if the extinguisher runs out you could always pee the fire out....

That's how the guy's back in 65' used to do it, good ol' motha' natcha'