Monday, April 20, 2009

Side Pipes

I know it's been awhile since a post on here, but things are slowing down a bit with the car being almost done. I did have some exciting stuff happen today that I should write about.

A few weeks ago I took the cobra in to Merchant tire to get it aligned. They said the pipes hung down too low to get it on their machine. They were gonna try to get some ramps or something and call me back. Well, last night Brandon and I pulled the side pipes off and painted them with some semi-gloss barbeque paint. Since I had the pipes off today, I took off a little bit early from work so I could run out to Merchant and have it aligned between rain showers.

They still had to run out to home depot to get some planks of wood to keep from scraping on the bottom. But I got a little discount for going in there all the time. It's all about who you know, not what you know. Such a true statement. The car feels good with the new alignment. I'm pretty excited about it. I actually had it pretty close by eyeball. Everything was withing acceptable spec except for the toe which was off by 5/8".

Well, this afternoon Josh came out and brought over a spare J-pipe for the flange. I cut the flange off with a cutting wheel and Josh welded it on to extend my pipes a little out from the body. We mounted everything up and installed the heat shields. I think it really looks much better.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks great man! Now get yourself some black Racelines with a polished lip and it will be perfect!