Saturday, January 24, 2009

Final Electrical Routing & Side Pipes

Yesterday after work I began routing what was left of the front wiring harness. I shortened a couple of grounds that were several feet too long. Apparently I didn't splice them tight enough, because one of them separated under the electric tape and the car wouldn't start. This was the first start attempt in several days so it took me forever to track down! The starter was turning, but no fuel pump.

While I was hunting for it, Diana got home and changed into garage clothes. Diana and I fixed the broken ground and tried to crank again. This time, believe it or not, I had fuel pump but no starter! Turns out I originally had 3 grounds at the same location and only rehooked the broken one and one other.

After the electrical problems were resolved, we decided to mount the side pipes. I'm sure they'll have to come off at some point in order to mount the body, but at least this way the hangers will be in place and the next time should go much faster. We cranked it up with the side pipes on and it sounds _good_. Then I looked at the clock and realized it was like 12:30. I had to be at work by 7 am! Ugh.

No comments: