Saturday, January 10, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO! I have made a mistake...and discovered the reason my engine is touching the driver foot-box. There is a SEPARATE (unmentioned) panel for the 4.6L foot-box wall tucked away in a box. I looked at it, and I don't see ANY way to swap these panels without removing the engine. REMOVING THE ENGINE!!! Everything is plumbed up and spaced out and ready to go. Clutch, accelerator, cruise, heater, radiator, power steering, will all have to be redone.

I do however, have one hope. I am hoping to jack the engine a small amount and move it left a bit...hopefully giving me enough room to get the rivet tool down in there. Oh the humanity! I hope I don't have to lift it out...it was not fun to get in - though it might be easier with the right panels in place. heh heh heh.

On the upside - I finally changed the oil in my truck. Stink-gook is what it was. Diana also changed her oil so both our regular cars are in good working order...except for my truck's weirdness issues.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't have a SPECIFIC solution, but maybe you can look into other methods of attaching the 4.6 L panel. That's assuming you can drill the old rivets out with too much trouble. Maybe you can attach the new one with J-B Weld or some other serious, serious epoxy. I really think an industrial epoxy would hold just fine. If I remember, the panel's aluminum and the frame's steel, so actual welding is probably out (apparently it's physically possible, but HARD).