Sunday, January 11, 2009

The nightmare is over.

I woke up this morning determined to solve the 'wrong footbox' problem. I went out there and with a series of drilling and chisel/hammer techniques I got the panel off. After that I decided to do some body work before attempting to attach the 4.6 panels. It was tricky and awkward, but I managed to get the new footbox on without removing the engine!

I took the angle grinder to the seams on the fiberglass body - jesus what a mess. The body work is going to be a real job! Here is a picture of the seams ground out.








Also done today was to cut out the battery box square in the trunk floor. I'm going to put a hinge on it so you can still get to the battery. I'll post a picture of that after it's done. The only other thing to report, is that the fuel lines are fully connected. Here is a picture of the fuel lines with the heater lines hooked up behind it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great man! I knew you would figure something out on the panel situation. I wanted to come help today but didn't make it.