Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Driveshaft

I took the driveshaft in to a shop called Brakes, inc this morning to get it shortened. Starting at a rusty 4 feet long or so, the roadster requires that it ends up at a mere 13". And although it cost me slightly over twice what they quoted me, they did do a good job and gave it a nice black coating. I had him show me the length on a measuring tape before I took it home.

They were a different sort of business. I came in the front door and the guy told me to go in and talk to Jerry. After walking through several warehouses filled with heavy equipment, I final came upon Jerry. When I came back to pick the driveshaft up later, I went back to that same place to find Jerry and he handed me the driveshaft and just told me to pay up front. I could have so easily just driven away! The only info they had on my was my name and phone number. Anyhow here's a pic.

No comments: