Monday, November 10, 2008

Phase I complete!

Tonight I removed the last of the donor items from the car. I'm trying to sell all my leftover stuff as a package to FastLane Motorsports; I should know if they are going to spring for it tomorrow sometime. Otherwise, I REALLY need to respond to all these Craig's List emails I've been getting. So tonight I pulled off the transmission mount crossmember brackets and a fuel overflow hose. She's ready to be recycled now!

Note to self: make a copy of the title before I give it to the scrap-yard or to fastlane. Now the next step is the arduous task of donor part preparation, which includes cleaning. I hate cleaning. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on the best and fastest ways to remove and prevent rust from components like the rear end and gas tank, exhaust manifolds etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done good sir! You've done it (some of it! O_O)

Keep up the good work. I'd kindly offer advice if I knew _anything_ about cars. Love the blog though!

Chris said...

Well after this weekend you will know how to change an oil pan gasket!