Friday, November 7, 2008

Pulling the Engine and Transmission

Or more accurately, pulling the frame FROM the engine! It's a pretty great idea that Josh M gave me and doesn't require a hoist. Here is a vid, watch the magic happen!

I got off work early today and headed to Lowes to pick up some supplies. I built 3 small dollies for the chassis and a large one for the engine. Then after Brandon got there, we removed the rear end and finished pulling a few small parts. In the manual, they say there is a clip that is riveted to the donor brake lines that you need to keep. I can't find this bugger anywhere. The only riveted brackets I could find were on the fuel lines. I may have to make a bracket later. After the rear end and drive-shaft were off, it was time to remove the engine and transmission.

Me and B-Zone get ready.










The engine has been conquered!










...and as you can see here, I'm all done with the kit and ready to hit the road!

1 comment: