Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gauge kit finally arrived

Today the body was mounted back on the chassis for the first time since it was first delivered. Josh started trimming the panels for the final fit. The wheels don't look quite as bad as I thought they would. Maybe I wont have to rush to get the vintage replica wheels.

Meanwhile, my gauge conversion kit finally got in from Factory Five. I got 4 words for you about that. I am not impressed. The gauge faces are not big enough to fill in the gauge hole. I'll show you some close ups later - but I'm going to have to either come up with a new, larger gauge face - or I'm going to have to come up with some kind of border to put around the current gauge face to extend it outward. It's a lot of work for something that looks kinda crappy. Right now though, I just want to get it on the road!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG it looks like a car! :)