Saturday, February 28, 2009

Primer complete, Gauges complete!

Wow, a lot has happened in 2 days on ol' Shelbatoast (aka: Rosemary). Last night we finished up the body work and shot the primer. Sounds easy, but there is a LOT of worked packed into that one little sentence. I think we were in the garage for about 7 straight hours. So nice to see it all in one uniform color.



Over the past week, mom painted the new gauge faces and dad mounted them up to the dash. Another extremely packed sentence!! So I started to install the gauges and wrap the dash in leather tonight. Here they are with tape of the gauge faces in prep for the spray adhesive.




Here they are just after I sprayed the glue on the dash metal and the leather.






Here is a shot of the final product. I think they look really good - very happy with the end result!






Here is a close up of the five 2" gauges.








While I was reinstalling the ampere gauge, I broke the glass. So for now I took a rosemary bottle cap (yes, out of the spice cabinet) and cut it to fit over the gauge. Here is a shot of the cap over the gauge. It's pretty funny and works for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good buddy!

Chris said...

Thanks dude, how go the truck repairs?