Monday, February 2, 2009

Wiring is almost done.

I am done with routing and dieting all the wiring harnesses. Here is a box full of everything I cut out from the mustang. The only things left to do are:
* Horn button
* Hi/Low beam switch
* Cruise Control
Also, I want to do some form of anti-theft metrics. The ignition wires are exposed below the dash making it a pretty highly hot-wirable car. I guess most people aren't concerned because it is mostly a weekend car. But I'll be leaving it unattended for long periods of time at work etc. I'll come up with something...I have a few ideas and Josh has some separate ones.

Here is the dash all mocked up. The only things not attached are the gauges and the cruise control. Also, I'm planning on bolting some kind of a 'glove box' in between the transmission tunnel and the dash.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You've probably seen this before, but if not, it solves all of your anti-theft problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Unknown said...

Looking good man!

Unknown said...

How about a hidden kill switch further up the circuit?

Chris said...

Hidden kill switch definitely an option.

Unknown said...

http://www.lojack.com/ - with a 2nd hidden battery?

You can hide that radio anywhere in the body since it's not on there yet. I'd also go with something that could be armed to chirp at motion, and wail if anyone opened it up or reached in.

Chris said...

Interesting - how much does that lojack cost?