Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gauge lights - finally

I finally got around to looking at the wiring diagrams for the fader knob for the gauge illumination. I had one small hitch when I realized the wire was cut from the fusebox. I wasn't sure if it was cut from the knob, or from the lights, so I just guessed that it was from the lights and I was correct. So I wired up my little harness and it worked out pretty well! It doesn't 'fade' as much as I would like, but I'm thinking that's because the fader doesn't start at a high enough resistance. If I put a few resistors in line it should be fine. I just need to guess at what resistance I need.

Also, I got all the bulb seal pressed on and I'm ready to mount the body. I need a second person to do that so I'm gonna have to wait! But it's ready for the final mounting!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Actually, I think I'm going to replace the amp gauge with a vintage 2" clock gauge. I wonder how hard it would be to do that after the body is mounted...