Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Roadworthy? Maybe... Street legal? Yes!

This morning I got up with State Farm and they were happy to give me exactly the policy I needed. After that, I went and got the plates.

I had left my car on after testing out the windshield wipers so I had to take my battery in and get it charged. BUT THEN FINALLY, I got home and slapped the plate on the roadster and took it for a drive. It was awesome! AWESOME. Everything I had hoped for. It handles excellently, and even more importantly very predictably. Of course it's fast. I drove around close to home a bit and eventually took it out to band practice in north raleigh. I was a little afraid to drive it that far, but I had no problems. Got home and took my wife out for a late dinner.

Too bad it's supposed to run for the next several days! I still have a lot left to do, but things are winding down now :-) Oh I almost forgot, on the way home from dinner, a cop caught up to me on the road. I got over to let him pass (since he was going faster than me) but he slowed down and matched my speed just behind me. He got beside me at a light and backed up so he could read my plate (I guess). I was a little nervous that maybe my speedometer was uncalibrated or something, but I guess he was just running my plate. He did a U-turn at the next block so I guess everything is legit :-)

4 comments:

Justin said...

Ah haha! Nothing he could do about it! Congratulations again man - I know you're happy with it.

Unknown said...

Sweet! Love the car man. It's fun to ride in. I can only imagine how fun it is to drive!

Chris said...

Thanks, thanks! I love seeing peoples reactions from the passenger seat. It's a lot of fun man :-)

Unknown said...

Victory! I'll try to swing by sometime soon and go for a ride with you.