Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lots of little things

2 days ago I mounted the doors and latches and did the under door aluminum. I also accidentally ripped up a piece of carpet on the driver side - crap!

Last night Diana helped me install the roll bars. It was actually really horrible - it pulled the body back and stretched everything out and made awful sounds...required a LOT of rubber mallet beating - but we got them in. I spent about 45 minutes struggling before Diana got there to help. With one person to beat on it and another person to guide it - we were able to get it done in about 20 minutes.

Today we installed the rear view mirror, the windshield (not the final install), the brake lights and turn signals. I spent the time to do the rest of the wiring behind the dash. The only thing left now is to pop in the new gauge and run the heater ducts and the dash will be done. (finally) We mounted the side view mirror, but I cut the rubber grommet to small and I need to replace it with some new rubber.

I started to install the headlights but the wires are too short and I didn't feel like extending them tonight. The real roadblock I hit, is that the radiator is about 3" above the radiator mount...I haven't figured out why or what exactly is going on.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

No comments: