Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rear Suspension/Axle


This will be quick and short because it's about 2 am and I have just finished working on the car... My goal for the day was to complete assembly of the rear end. I got home about 6 and worked straight through until after 1. But I got it done! Here is a pic of the assembly. It's kinda hard to tell what is what in this pic, but you can get an idea.


There was a lot of drilling...a LOT of drilling. I broke 2 bits including my new 9/16 metal drilling bit. It made me sad because I had just bought it the other week, but then it made me feel kinda awesome for breaking a drill bit so huge :-D.


The evening had a few frustrating moments and several puzzles solved. I didn't get a chance to eat dinner, and I nicked the back of my hand with Carl's grinder - (that is a nick you won't do twice!) But once Everything was done, I put the wheels on and got to hop up and down to test out the suspension. It's official, the car is now a rolling chassis!! It probably wont roll very straight or well, since the steering hasn't been done yet, but it will roll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good broheem, but there's still time to turn it into the Ecto 1.

Unknown said...

Nice work man! Glad my tools could offer some pain to you, haha.